I worked with Calvary Christian Reformed Church of Lowell, Michigan, over the course of several months at the end of 2011 and beginning of 2012 to set up a website for their church. My job involved:
- Consulting with the pastor and council about website solutions.
- Identifying WordPress as a good solution for their needs and purchasing a theme from ChurchThemer.com.
- Setting up their site (http://calvarylowell.org), including purchasing the domain name and hosting package.
- Installing and modifying the WordPress theme and adding helpful plugins.
- Gathering, creating, and writing content for the website.
- Teaching the pastor and staff how to update and maintain the site.
- Using Google Analytics and other Search Engine Optimization tools to increase the visibility of their site on the Web.